Would I listen to is again? Yes, perfect for a Sunday morning.
Play it all the way through? Yes, the energy, changing moods and arrangements keep you listening to the end.
Classic Django swing from this French combo. This album was released in 2010 for Django’s centenary. It’s nicely retro with modern arrangements reminding of British guitar legend Martin Taylor’s Spirit of Django.
A good mix of originals and unsually arranged standards such as Ol’ Man River, Minor Swing and a haunting slow Russian Melody featuring clarinet.
Proper music, nothing fake here.
- Album Review: Claudia Aurora – Mulher do Norte – A gem of an album
- Album Review: Reem Kelani – Live At The Tabernacle – a live album with a vengeance.
- Album Review: London Klezmer Quartet – To the Tavern – Intimate and Expressive
- Album Review: Cardboard Fox – Out of Mind – Fresh and joyous!
- Live Review: Mimika – Divinities of the Earth and The Waters
Album Review –… on Album Review – Talabarte…