- Album Review: Claudia Aurora – Mulher do Norte – A gem of an album
- Album Review: Reem Kelani – Live At The Tabernacle – a live album with a vengeance.
- Album Review: London Klezmer Quartet – To the Tavern – Intimate and Expressive
- Album Review: Cardboard Fox – Out of Mind – Fresh and joyous!
- Live Review: Mimika – Divinities of the Earth and The Waters
Album Review –… on Album Review – Talabarte…
Category Archives: Other Reviews
Mimika is a rare beast. An 18-piece jazz big band. Even rarer, a big band playing original progressive music and songs with Balkan roots. They’ve set themselves quite a target. I’m not sure who’s going to book them for a … Continue reading
Being selected as a first Ethiopian language film to premiere at Cannes is always going to create a lot of hype, so I went to see Lamb at BFI London Film Festival with high expectations, but at the same time … Continue reading
Review: “Wine Shades by the Eyes of a Colour Blind” by Kote Sulaberidze You’d be hard pressed to find an equivalent. 60-70 portrait format rectangles of absorbent paper each stained with a 15cm wide horizontal rectangle of colour, displayed, serendipitously, … Continue reading